Has anyone heard of The Color Run?
It is this super fun 5K run (about 3 miles) where in certain parts of the run, colored powder is thrown at you!
It's not about finishing first, it's about having fun and being healthy.
The Color Run is also known as The Happiest 5K on the Planet!
This was my first time doing something like this and I must say I can't wait to do it again! I participated in this race with my cousin and her boyfriend and I have some tips to help others prepare.
The Color Run Tips
- Wear all white! The color is more visible
- Protect your phone/electronics by covering them with plastic wrap
- Get the color run fanny pack or cuff so you can store your phone/car keys/personal things
- While running the course, ask the event photographers to take pics of you and your friends
- Have your favorite poses ready
- Wear a bandana to the music festival to cover your mouth during the color throws
- Arrive early so you can participate in pre-race activities
- Bring an extra outfit to change into once the run and music festival is over
- include shirt, pants and shoes
- Go in a group! Everyone can do this run!
- While picking up your race packet, also buy other The Color Run products like:
- Arm band
Be on the lookout for the next Color Run in your city!
Check out this link for the next Color Run near you thecolorrun.com/locations