Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1: Year of being thrifty and frugal

Happy New Year Everyone! 

It's officially the year 2013 and time for those New Year's Resolution...hopefully most of us can stick to them for the whole year! 

My 2012 resolution was to take more pictures and spend more time with family, which I think I actually fulfilled. 

Now, for my 2013 resolution, if you haven't guessed from my title, I'm attempting to go on a budget. I've come to realize that if I had budgeted my money better, I could've paid off a good portion of my student loan! 

The year of 2013, I will be budgeting my money, so I won't be shopping as much as I used to at retail stores. Instead, I'm gonna save my money and if I do need to buy anything, I'll head over to the thrift store or discounted retailers!

I will be blogging about my journey this year into the world of thrifting and being frugal. 

No more impulsive shopping trips! This year, I'm going to try to only buy the clothing and necessities that I NEED to survive (little over dramatic there haha). 

In my mind, I think I can sacrifice a year of NOT shopping in order to pay off my student loan debt and credit card payment. After that debt is paid, I have the rest of my life to spend/save my money on what I want to buy without worrying about loans/debt.

 Some people I have told DON'T think I can do this, but I'll just prove them wrong! 

I'll just keep thinking to myself, do I really need that purse? That purse is worth half of my monthly student loan payment. After watching a clip of Suze Ormon on TV a couple weeks ago, she said something that resonated with me.....OUT OF ALL THE DEBT YOU CARRY, PAY OFF THE STUDENT LOANS FIRST! Apparently, even if  you file for bankruptcy, you're still responsible for the amount of your student loan! :O scary thought right?

Day 1 is easy so far. It's New Year's Day so I spent the day at home. Check back often for my progress and my outfits throughout the year! 


Wish me luck! 

<3 Miianne





No comments:

Post a Comment